A Message from our Director, Kacie V. Armstrong
On behalf of the Board of Trustees and staff, we sincerely want to express our gratitude and thanks for your support of our 2014 levy! This past November, 63.5% of the votes cast were in favor of the library levy. This tells us that you believe in the staff, programs, services and materials that we provide for your educational and entertainment needs.
Over the past few months, we’ve shared with you, how and why our library strengthens our community. Now, with your support, we will be able to continue to strengthen our great library by:
- Restoring our funding: In 2013, Euclid Public Library lost $871,734 from state and local funds. We will be able to restore our funding to continue to provide the programs and materials that you need.
- Reviewing our staffing needs: We have not been able to replace retiring staff due to the lost revenue. In 2015, we will review our current staffing levels and seek to replace or add staff to support our current programs, services and collections.
- Enhancing technology: In 2013, the library added 78 new computers, an iPad learning station for children and restored our technology classes and lab. Moving forward, we will add self-check machines, upgrade our computer software, and add additional gadget and device classes to our existing computer line-up.
- Upgrading Outreach Services: Over the past 10 years, our van has allowed delivery to well over 1,000 homebound residents. In 2015, with the assistance of our Foundation we will be able to purchase a new van and continue to provide this critical service to those who are not able to visit the library in person.
- Adding new online resources: In 2015, residents will be able to stream music, movies and audiobooks through Hoopla. We currently provide eMedia through Overdrive and Zinio and with the addition of this new service, library users will have access to more titles.
As we end 2014 and begin a new year, it is with a tremendous amount of joy! Serving the needs of the residents of Euclid for the past 79 years has been a pleasure. There is much to look forward to in 2015 as we celebrate our 80th anniversary!
We sincerely wish you and your family a happy and safe Holiday Season!
(216) 261-5300, ext. 101
If you would like to see the most current copy of our annual report just link here
2013 Annual Report