What we do:
Friends actively support the Euclid Public library in many ways. They:
- Interpret library services and needs to the community and share the community's needs with the library staff.
- Enhance library service by providing special equipment.
- Provide volunteers for library services and events.
- Solicit support from Euclid businesses.
- Publish a newsletter of information and events.
- Sponsor two annual book sales.
- Offer attractive library-related products for sale.
- Encourage donations, gifts, and bequests to enrich the library's collection and services.
- Seek monetary gifts to the Friends' endowment fund to provide continuing financial support.
- Plan special programs for the community: book and author luncheons, guest speakers, films, summer Concerts in the Gardens, exhibits and demonstrations.
This year the Friends funded scholarships to graduating library employees going to college, purchased prizes for the summer contests held by the Outreach, Children's, Adult and Young Adult departments and bought materials for the library. Additionally, they bought supplies and furniture for our new Sparkle Spot playroom.