a is the most popular flavor of ice cream. Chocolate comes in second
• In the year 1843, Nancy Johnson, an American woman invented a hand-cranked ice cream freezer. Her invention helped others make this tasty treat at home
• In 1904, at the St. Louis World’s Fair, an ice cream vendor ran out of paper cups to scoop ice cream into. A waffle maker in the next booth offered him some waffles. The ice cream vendor rolled a waffle into a cone shape and put a scoop of ice cream in it. It was the beginning of the waffle cone!
• Novelties are individual ice cream portions. In 1920, the Good Humor ice cream bar on a wooden stick was introduced. Today it is still a huge success
• According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the biggest ice cream sundae in the world was made in Alberta, Canada in 1988. It weighed nearly 55,000 pounds
• It takes an average of 50 licks to polish off a single-scoop ice cream cone. Some of the most unique flavors of ice cream are pumpkin, jalapeno, avocado and even lobster!