TEACHER CARD AND LOAN GUIDELINES:
Any teacher may obtain a second library card exclusively for classroom use!
To get your teacher card:
- Present your active CLEVNET or Euclid Public Library card AND your driver’s license to the Circulation Desk.
- Teacher cards are valid only at Euclid Public Library
- Items for personal use may not be charged out on the teacher card
- Materials may be borrowed for six (6) weeks (except feature films and Educational Enrichment Kits)
- Limit of 50 items or $1,000 worth of materials per card
- Regular fines apply for some materials
Keep these tips in mind:
- Do not exhaust an entire subject area
- Books by one author, one subject, or in one series are discouraged
- Ask library staff to help select materials
- Only materials owned by Euclid Public Library can be reserved on a teacher card.
Teachers may request classroom materials on various topics to supplement the curriculum. Materials will be pulled from all areas of our collection, both fiction and nonfiction, based on teacher preference.
To request materials, call the Youth Services Department at 216-261-5300 and press 4 or visit our online teacher request form here.
For Teacher Pick-up
- Please allow three working days advance notice to fill requests.
- Materials will be held for seven days after the pick-up date. Materials not picked up within 7 days will be returned to the shelves and a new request will need to be entered.
- Pick up materials at the Children's Desk.
Teacher Delivery -- schools within the Euclid city limits:
- Teachers at schools in a Euclid zip code may request delivery.
- EPL staff will confirm that a school is in a Euclid zip code before scheduling delivery.
- The EPL Outreach Services Department will email teachers with an estimated delivery date, the due date for the checked out materials, a firm date by which to schedule a pick-up of returned materials, and the option to return the materials to the library.
- If teachers do not schedule a pick-up of returned materials by the date designated in the email, teachers will be responsible for returning the materials to the library themselves.
We are happy to support your classroom lessons with visits that support the library collection and programs.
What can we do?
- We can visit your classroom and conduct booktalks on popular titles or titles related to a theme (K-12).
- We are happy to host your class for a tour or program on-site at the library (K-12).
- We can supply you with copies of bookmarks and flyers to help your student use the library or information regarding library programs.
- We can attend your extracurricular event.
Please give us as much advance notice as possible. We may have other engagements that prevent us from visiting on specific days and times -- please provide multiple dates so we can find a date that works for both of us.
Please call Christine Pyles, Youth Services Department Manager, at 216-261-5300, ext. 5140 to schedule a visit or the Youth Services Department at 216-261-5300 and press 4 to request materials.
We encourage educators to sign-up for our Educator Newsletter! This newsletter goes out monthly. Click here to sign-up.